Thursday, March 8, 2007

Ups and Downs

We are going through some ups and downs right now with SportsFanBase.com.

First off - Traffic is still pretty solid with 121,776 hits in the short month of February (the most hits in a month thus far). March started off a little slow, but now has started to pick up with nearly 28,000 hits through March 7th.

Right now, the big development is with the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament - SportsFanBase.com will be having a bracket challenge where the 1st prize will be $100 in merchandise from my sponsor, Sportsopolis.net.  2nd prize is $50 and 3rd prize is $25. So with that coming up this week, I am beginning to send out e-mails to current members to have them participate and this weekend, along with the beginning of next week, I will be going to some discussion boards to promote the contest.

In terms of advertisers, I got a new advertiser - KoolPitcher and I have invoiced them and I am awaiting their payment. I am currently working on a few other advertisers and over Spring Break I will be doing my fair share of selling to potential advertisers. Right now I am about 2/5 of the way towards my goal for the first quarter, so I have my work cut out for me in order to reach my goal.

One new development I am working in terms of selling to potential advertisers is the angle of becoming "The Official of SportsFanBase.com." This can be something I can sell for a higher price than my regular advertising options and it will also be for longer periods of time, like 1-year or 2-year contracts. So that is something I will be pushing in the near future.

Right now, the focus is on promotion to get traffic higher and getting advertisers to maintain a decent cash flow. It will take some time and effort, but I know I can take care of business.

No comments: