Monday, February 11, 2008

Garden Artisans LLC: Landscape Design, Build, Maintain

My name is Dan Jamet and this is the first blog posted for my company Garden Artisans LLC. My brother Peter Jamet and I formed the company in March of 2007 and are looking to expand the business in 2008. Before Garden Artisans I owned the company Blades Lawn and Landscape, which I started in 2005. Garden Artisan's primary services are landscape design, installation, maintenance, and lawn care. Our initial clients in 2007 came from my former business Blades. We were able to build upon that client base throughout the year and had a successful first year in business. Our services range anywhere from as simple as weekly lawn mowing to as complex as turning your back yard into your own personal resort with: patios, terraces, walkways, water features, fire pits, outdoor kitchens, and plantings throughout. Some of my responsibilities for the business are estimating, bookkeeping, selling, supervising, and working with the crew. My brother being a landscape architecture student and with his 10 years of experience in the industry is responsible for our landscape design and installation services. Some of our goals for 2008 and during the Student Venture Experience are to secure financing for future equipment and marketing expenses. We are in the process of beginning the development of a website to help market our services. We also are planning on attending three seminars and trade shows in February that relate to our industry. I would advise anybody that owns a business to always be on the look out for seminars and trade shows that relate to their industry because you can always learn something new.

No comments: